Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Tilbage Til Havet





I designed a sleeve for a new Goodiepal cassette for Reckno, called Tilbage Til Havet. It's number 36 in his Audio Svar series, and is really quite amazing. The sleeve is a three-panel fold-out, you can see some pictures of it here, and check out the other new releases by AyGeeTee and Biographs too.

I had a lot of fun with this, what with the plasma ferns, and the crystallised pineapple drive, and the flaming teapot etc. I did a quick little Reckno/Havet logo for it too, which you can see bigger below.

= = = = = = = = = U P D A T E = = = = = = = = =
This has now sold out from Reckno, but you might still find a copy over at Boomkat.



= = = = = = = = = H U O M ! ! ! = = = = = = = = =
On the tape, the Goodiepal mentions Snappidagg GaruNDz 2953... which it seems does not yet exist. However, he did send through some materials to Reckno, for possible use with this release. I included some of this on the sleeve - the text inside the spaceship, a photo of him appearing on DR2. For the spine, I used part of a score where he mentions Tilbage Til Havet, although I think only to point out that this score is not part of Audio Svar 36. However, this does actually seem like it might be the score which he is referring to when discussing the Snappidagg, and I think he does also refer to something in another of the scores which he sent, earlier in the tape, so I'm going to upload them here, and hope I don't get in trouble. I edited these together from six separate images (and also "EQed" them a bit), so there is some fuzziness around the joins.

No comments:

Post a Comment